Monday 24 February 2014

Douglas Dare announces debut album "Whelm"

I'm so excited. I've mentioned Douglas Dare before and I hyped him up to the max. Time to do it again. To be released via Erased Tapes May 12th is DD's debut album, Whelm. I presume this will be ten tracks of bliss. I've seen Douglas live twice, accompanied only by a piano and I rather naively thought this would be all he'd need. You can listen to the second track, Nile, here - and it made me realise, (as if the Seven Hours EP hadn't already) that soft drums and electric piano only add to how hauntingly beautiful his sound is. Of course, I expect that songs like "Clockwork" and "Caroline" will be mainly piano with jarring chords over his lovely velvety voice - but this'll contrast well with the more electronic tracks.

I've pre-ordered and you should too. (The vinyl bundle comes with a 20-page lyric booklet and that was enough for me to break my spending ban.)

No comments:

Post a Comment